1st and 3rd MON, 8-9:30 am (including after the Aug 7 election): Coffee with Jack, Roos Roast, 1155 Rosewood St. If these hours are not convenient for you, please feel free to contact me to arrange a meeting at a different time. I always enjoy meeting with residents. Jack@JackEatonforMayor.com, 734-662-6083
- Getting to know Ann Arbor mayoral candidate Jack Eaton, A4 All About Ann Arbor
- The Primary Struggle for the Future of Ann Arbor
- Mayoral candidates address cross-party outreach, stances on leadership, Michigan Daily, 8/5/18
- I am proud to receive the Jim Toy Community Center's highest rating of "Extremely Positive".
- MY SUPPORT FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING
- COUNCIL MAJORITY ATTEMPTS "TO MANIPULATE THE ELECTORAL PROCESS" SAYS PROMINENT DEMOCRATIC FUNDRAISER (VIDEO)
- Two other attorneys and Washtenaw Co. Clerk also say that the council majority is obstructing the electoral process (VIDEO)
- MAYOR TAYLOR AND CITY COUNCIL VOTED 7 – 4 TO INCREASE WATER RATES FOR HOMEOWNERS AND REDUCE RATES FOR MULTI-FAMILY DWELLINGS AND COMMERCIAL USERS
- Council votes 7-4 to make Ann Arbor homes pay more for water, MLive, 6/19/18 (also see NEIGHBORHOOD-FRIENDLY GROWTH)
- Ann Arbor had 266 street segments rated 'failed' in 2017, MLive, 5/21/18
- Lawsuit aims to close hotel with history of prostitution, lodging 'sneaky pimp'
- 'Pimp' arrested at Ann Arbor hotel faces prostitution and assault charges Ann Arbor has a significant problem with prostitution and human trafficking. The City is silent about these problems until an event makes it impossible to hide. Jack believes that it is imperative to address human trafficking in our community so that no one is exploited. Ignoring these issues may make Ann Arbor seem like a safe community, but the victims of these crimes should not suffer our inaction.
Jack is proud to have received endorsements from these community organizations and Ann Arbor residents:
"This election, I am voting for candidates that have proven themselves to be honest, competent, compassionate, and experienced. I want my representatives to have values and priorities that match mine. I want a fighter who will do what is right, even when it's hard. Jack Eaton is at the top of that list. Join me in supporting him. Jack Eaton - not just the Mayor OF Ann Arbor, but a mayor FOR Ann Arbor. -- Lynn Rivers, former US Congresswoman, District 13
"No one agrees with any particular politician on every issue. That said, the majority of Jack Eaton's positions favor: 1) more respect for citizens' views, 2) a LOT more transparency, 3) more protection for the nature & culture of A2, 4) more careful future housing development with more city input, 5) SIGNIFICANTLY more fiscal responsibility, 6) more diverse representation on council, 7) respect for spending tax monies for the specific purposes they were passed, 8) more respect for state laws, 8) less power for the DDA, 9) better use of staff with less wasted spending on consultants, and finally 10) a REAL focus on fixing the roads." --James C. Walker, National Motorists Association, A2
"Jack Eaton was one of four councilpersons that stood up to out-of-town developers and fought to protect our Neighborhood Village on Broadway in Ward 1. Ann Arbor needs a leader with backbone; I wholeheartedly endorse Jack Eaton for Mayor." --Andrew Pieknik
"We, the longtime Ann Arbor residents, need a new voice. We think Jack Eaton will be that important person. We are sick and tired of the backdoor dealing has been going on with the current mayor." --Nick Kazan
"Jack Eaton was a tremendous advocate for representing the rights of homeowners during the current North Oaks Project. He truly represents the current residents of the city of Ann Arbor and thoughtfully considers how development will affect the current property owners." --Jennifer Steiner